INFECTIOUS DISEASE POLICY
In response to the emergence of COVID-19 in the UK. We are monitoring the situation carefully, and the priority is the health and safety of our staff, visitors and customers.
We will be following the latest Government advice which is evolving daily and we will be posting updates on our website.
Browns Seafoods Ltd is regularly audited by independent Food Safety Auditors and we use best practice guidelines throughout the year to ensure that our customers have confidence in our management and safe handling of the products we sell. We currently hold the industry leading SALSA accreditation for food safety.
As a result of the spread of COVID-19, we have issued our staff with a new Infectious Disease Policy and this includes:
- Instructing all staff to take extra hygiene precautions and make use of the existing hand washing facilities.
- Details of new hand sanitisers at the entrance to the building
- Details of what to do in the event of illness
- A reminder of the need to use the company ‘return to work’ procedures
- Only return to work when medically certified and use the ‘return to work’ forms.
Our commitment to our customers is that we are constantly reviewing the current situation and advice given out by the Government and we will incorporate this advice into our business and staff policies.